How to Make a Contact Sheet
Contact Sheets, sometimes known as proof sheets, contact prints, and index sheets, put together thumbnails of photos from a shoot, a holiday, an event or similar.
They have many applications, for example photographers often use them to put photos from a shoot into one sheet which can be passed on to clients for selection of best photos.
How do you make a contact sheet?
In this post we will show you how to make 2 types of contact sheets — simple sheets where thumbnails are rectangular and those where thumbnails are in a particular shape.
Make a Simple Contact Sheet
Steps to design a contact sheet:
1. Open TurboCollage and set your collage to use picture pile pattern.
2. Add pictures that you want to appear in your sheet.
3. Use the “spreadout to regular arrangement” control at the bottom as shown in the screenshot below.
4. Make all pictures horizontal using the tool shown in screenshot below.
Make a Contact Sheet with Thumbnails in a given Shape
Steps to design a contact sheet with thumbnails in a given shape:
1. Open TurboCollage and set your collage to use advanced pile pattern.
2. Add pictures that you want to appear in your sheet. By default, pictures are set in circle shape.
3. Select all your pictures to use a shape using the tool shown in screenshot below. In this case we use octagon shape.
4. Use the “spreadout to regular arrangement” control at the bottom as shown in the screenshot below.
Here’s a video that demonstrates creation of a contact sheet:
You can learn more about creating collages with shapes here.
Don’t forget to email your comments and suggestions to email@example.com