Make a Photohive Collage with Photos Shaped as Hexagons
Hexagons are often called nature’s perfect shape because they naturally appear in so many places — beehive honeycombs, molecular structures etc. They are amazingly eye-catching and perfect for your photo collages!
How much time do you think would it take to make a photo collage similar to the one above?
With TurboCollage, it would take a couple of minutes and no design expertise to make such a hexagon collage.
In this post, we will show you how to make 2 kinds of hexagon collages — freeform like the one above and regular hexagon collage.
Make a Freeform Hexagon Collage
A freeform collage can have different sized pictures that can overlap each other.
1. Open TurboCollage and set your collage to use Advanced Pile pattern.
2. Add pictures and select hexagon shape for all the pictures. In the above sample collage, we also turn the shadows off.
3. Re-position and resize pictures to get your layout. Learn more about making a collage of shapes here.Tweet This Freeform Hexagon Collage Making Method
Make a Regular Hexagon Collage
A regular hexagon collage arranges pictures in a fixed pattern of equal sized cells. It is possible to keep cells empty to make
1. Open TurboCollage and set your collage to use Photohive pattern.
2. Add pictures to your collage. You can increase or decrease the number of hexagonal positions, or choose to keep some of the hexagonal positions empty to create cool photo effects.
Want to see the above in action? Here's a video:
Don’t forget to leave your comments and suggestions below.